[postgis-users] Postgres User Problem(newbie)

Daniel Draws daniel.draws at gmx.de
Mon Jun 21 05:05:32 PDT 2004

Hi all!

I've tried the installation instructions from the postgis site
(http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation.php), beginning with
rpm(or emerge) and then the createlang...

I have a problem with the following scenario (Linux: Fedora Core 1,
Gentoo). I have 2 users on my postgresql installation. The postgres user
is the db-admin. And I have another user (pg). PG has created a new
database called gistest. But he can not execute the postgis scripts for
installing the postgis functions, tables ,...

If the postgres user executes the scripts in pg's database, pg can't
use the created functions, tables,...

Is there any solution for this problem?

thx

daniel