[postgis-users] could not find function "centroid" in file"/usr/lib/postgresql/postgis.dll"

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Sat Jun 26 16:57:02 PDT 2004

Rudolf Nottrott writes:

> I'm attempting the geos compile under Cygwin.  There is no Makefile, and
> the installation instructions
> (http://www.alexandria.ucsb.edu/~rnott/tmp/geos-1.0/INSTALL)
> are really very minimal.  Is that all there is?
>
> The expanded geos-1.0 tree that I got from http://geos.refractions.net/ is at
> http://www.alexandria.ucsb.edu/~rnott/tmp/geos-1.0/
> for reference.
>
> To begin with, I can't just 'make' Geos in the regular way as there is no
> Makefile, only
> Makefile.am and Makefile.am.

The way I build GEOS with Cygwin is

cd $GEOS_TOPDIR
> CC= "c++" ./configure
> make
> make install

This is documented in the INSTALL file that comes with GEOS and is
the 'standard' way of building packages with the GNU AutoTools
http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/

< note >
Needing to explicitly set CC to c++ for c++ projects is a Cygwin libtool
'feature' that may no longer be required but I do it out of force of habit
</note>

HTH

Norman