[postgis-users] could not find function "centroid" in file "/usr/lib/postgresql/postgis.dll"

Rudolf Nottrott rnott at alexandria.UCSB.edu
Sat Jun 26 16:37:08 PDT 2004

Thanks, Martin,

I'm attempting the geos compile under Cygwin.  There is no Makefile, and
the installation instructions
(http://www.alexandria.ucsb.edu/~rnott/tmp/geos-1.0/INSTALL)
are really very minimal.  Is that all there is?

The expanded geos-1.0 tree that I got from http://geos.refractions.net/ is at
http://www.alexandria.ucsb.edu/~rnott/tmp/geos-1.0/
for reference.

To begin with, I can't just 'make' Geos in the regular way as there is no
Makefile, only
Makefile.am and Makefile.am.

For the rest, I did the steps below, and they went fine (so all that's
missing is Geos)

My PostgreSQL contrib directory is
/cygdrive/c/cygwin/usr/src/postgresql-7.4.3-1/contrib/

I have PostGIS in
/cygdrive/c/cygwin/usr/src/postgresql-7.4.3-1/contrib/postgis-0.8.1
and Geos in
/cygdrive/c/cygwin/usr/src/postgresql-7.4.3-1/contrib/geos-1.0

Following instructions elsewhere I ran a make  (but NOT 'make install') on
PostgreSQL in directory
/cygdrive/c/cygwin/usr/src/postgresql-7.4.3-1
This make went fine.

I also ran a make AND a 'make install' in
/cygdrive/c/cygwin/usr/src/postgresql-7.4.3-1/contrib/postgis-0.8.1
This went fine, too.

Rudolf