[postgis-users] (no subject)

Gregory S. Williamson gsw at globexplorer.com
Fri Mar 5 00:43:39 PST 2004

I am running postgres 7.4, Linux 2.4.21-0.13 i686

pgsql2shp -f shape_file -g the_geom gex_runtime sid_content_navi
FATAL:  database "postgres" does not exist

The database, gex_runtime, does in fact exist on port 5432, on this server. As does this table, with a column by that name, which is in the geometry_columns table.

Can someone please inform this addled person what he's doing wrong ? This is quite urgent and I can't get any traction on it at all. This is really very frustrating.

Thanks!

Greg Williamson
DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC