[postgis-users] PATCH - Building with mingw32, configure for PostgreSQL -

David TECHER davidtecher at yahoo.fr
Fri May 14 02:18:57 PDT 2004

 Hi Paul

A- PATCH
I did the pach 'patchpg75.bz2' that Romi gave me
attached to this email:

postgresql-snapshot/contrib/postgis-cvs/loader/Makefile
postgresql-snapshot/contrib/postgis-cvs/Makefile
postgresql-snapshot/contrib/postgis-cvs/postgis.h
postgresql-snapshot/contrib/postgis-cvs/postgis_inout.c
postgresql-snapshot/src/include/commands/vacuum.h

B- DOWNLOAD LIBRARY POSTGIS FROM MY SITE (OPTIONNAL)

You can donwload the libpostgis.dll, postgis.sql,
spatial_ref_sys.sql from my web site at

http://techer.pascal.free.fr/postgis/donwload/psqlwinpostgisdll75.zip
(1.74Mo)

so don't forget to replace everywhere in postgis.sql

  'c:/MinGW/psqlwin/lib/libpostgis.dll'

by the path to libpostgis.dll

C- How I did?
DOWNLOAD
I. downloaded in a same directory (here
'/home/david/download')

- GEOS: version 1.0.0
- PROJ: version 4.4.7
- POSTGIS: lastest CVS from 14/05/2004
- POSTGRESQL: CVS from 23/04/2004
INSTALL
cd /home/david/download
#
# untar postgresql,geos, proj
#
for i in postgresql-snapshot geos-1.0.0  proj-4.4.7;
do tar xvzf ${i}.tar.gz;done
cp postgresql-cvs.tar.gz
/home/david/download/postgresql-snapshot/contrib
cd /home/david/download/postgresql-snapshot/contrib
#
# untar postgis
#
tar xvzf postgis-cvs.tar.gz
#
# untar the patch
#
cd /home/david
tar xvjf patchpg75.bz2
#
# setup MAKE
#
export MAKE=mingw32-make
#
# GEOS
#
cd geos-1.0
configure --prefix=/
mingw32-make
mingw32-make install
#
# I need to copy /include/geos/*.h to /include in
order to compiling postgis
#
cp /include/geos/*.* /include
#
# PROJ
#
cd ../proj-.4.4.7
configure --prefix=/
mingw32-make
mingw32-make install
#
# POSTGRESQL. I installed PostgreSQL at
C:\MinGW\psqlwin
#
cd ../postgresql-snapshot
LDFLAGS=-lstdc++ configure --prefix=/c/MinGW/psqlwin
--without-zlib
mingw32-make
mingw32-make install
#