[postgis-users] Building with mingw32, configure for PostgreSQL

Craig Miller craig.miller at spatialminds.com
Sun May 16 15:59:57 PDT 2004

David,

I remember that you posted a message about having trouble creating indexes
on large datasets with the mingw version of postgis you compiled.  I read a
note in the postgresql compile notes that said to be sure to run postgres
from a normal DOS cmd prompt and not an rxvt shell due to some sort of
memory limitation.  Perhaps this is what is causing the trouble with large
datasets?

--Craig