[postgis-users] transform error for swiss projection

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Nov 1 09:23:44 PST 2004

Johannes Bühler wrote:
> Hi frank,
> thanks for your quick answer. unfortunately i cannot load your sql insert. :( but i will try do to an update command.
>
> the log is attached.

Johannes,

OK, I found a couple issues.

First, I need to run with the -skip parameter to skip over failed translations.
Some EPSG coordinate systems have no PROJ.4 analog that I am aware of.

Second, at least one entry includes a single quote in the WKT and this needs
to be SQL escaped (doubled).  I have added support in GDAL CVS's epsg_tr.py
for this.   The file has been newly generated using:

   epsg_tr.py -skip -postgis -list ~/gdal/data/pcs.csv > ~/public_html/srs.sql
   epsg_tr.py -skip -postgis -list ~/gdal/data/gcs.csv >> ~/public_html/srs.sql

I have successfully run this through psql to load and it seems to work.

The file is one against at:

  http://home.gdal.org/~warmerda/srs.sql

Best regards,