[postgis-users] gps points to postgis

Rich Gibson rich at testingrange.com
Mon Nov 1 14:34:53 PST 2004

Hi Mike,

Do you really have one line segment that is 8500 GPS points, or do you
have multiple segments?

I've been working with the same problem and I have decided that I want to
represent track point as both individual points, each with its' own
timestamp, as well as representing each track segments as an individual
linestring.

Doing this allows  you to represent the track as a line when it suits you,
as well as individual points when that makes sense.

Cheers,
Rich