[postgis-users] ArcGIS Data Interoperability Extension

Guy Carpenter guyc at atgis.com.au
Mon Nov 1 15:21:37 PST 2004

I'm truly mistified (and deeply envious!)
that PgArc works for you with ArcGIS 9.0.

I tried all of the versions I could lay my
hands on - they all appear to be essentially
the same - built with a dependency on the ArcGIS 8.3
library structure.

Here's the essence of the problem that I am seeing:

http://arcgisdeveloperonline.esri.com/ArcGISDeveloper/ArcGISDevHelp/Technica
lDocuments/Migrating/Migratingfrom83to90.htm

	At ArcGIS 9.0 there has been a change to a more modular arrangement
	of ArcObjects, meaning that there are many different type libraries
	contain all of the ArcObjects type information - effectively
esriCore.olb
	has been split up into smaller, more manageable and modular
libraries.
	The libraries are grouped mainly according to functionality, for
example:
	Geometry, Cartography, Geodatabase etc.

Paolo, could I impose on you to send me the PgArc package you
are using so I can test with your version?  If you
could send it to <guyc at atgis dot com dot au> I'd be most
grateful.

Cheers,
Guy.