[postgis-users] Create a Thematic grid map with postgresql

claudio cesar trevisani claudio.trevisani at pmmg.mg.gov.br
Thu Nov 18 02:17:31 PST 2004

Hello Listers,

My name is Claudio C. Trevisani, and I hope you will help me.
I'm using mapserver, postgresql, postgis, phpmapscript and geos, in a debian
based linux. This work fine.

In Mapinfo, the grid mapping displays data as continuous color gradations
across the map.  This type of thematic is produced by an interpolation of point
data from the source table.  A grid is generated from the data
interpolation and displayed as a raster image in a Map window.

Well, I need to create a grid mapping like mapinfo, using mapserver,
phpmapscript and postgresql (+ postgis and geos). My source table of points is
stored in postgresql.

Is it possible???

Claudio Cesar Trevisani