[postgis-users] Spatial Query Benchmarks?

Craig Miller craig.miller at spatialminds.com
Fri Nov 19 09:53:02 PST 2004

If you have written an application on top of PostGIS, then the best way to
profile it is to profile the entire solution.  E.g. if it is a web
application then throw WebLoad at it.  By using something like WebLoad, you
can mimic typical use-cases, and then have n number of users simultaneously
hitting it using these typical use-cases.  This will test the real-world
load rather than the theoretical maximums.

--Craig