[postgis-users] Spatial Query Benchmarks?

Ethan Alpert ealpert at digitalglobe.com
Fri Nov 19 09:35:58 PST 2004

Anyone have any suggestions for benchmarking? I've got some services
I've built and my management's not going to let me deploy until I can
quantify at what point my it will break on the current architecture.
Anyone thought about how to determine this kind of information?

How can I know, even heuristically, how many queries/sec my machine can
sustain, given the tuple and/or vertice count in a given table?

Are tuple and vertice count the only things I should be concerned about
or should I also try to thing about geometry shape (convex,concave,
multiple rings,etc) wrt performance.

-e