[postgis-users] Spatial Query Benchmarks?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Nov 19 10:19:09 PST 2004

As Craig says, you have to create a tool that simulates your expected
load.  JMeter supports extensions, you could write a JDBC based
extension that varies the things you expect will be varied (bbox,
complexity, etc) in the patterns you expect. Then JMeter can handle the
complexity of setting up a multithreaded load and gathering stats. We
used this approach for some mapserver benchmarking.