[postgis-users] Elevation Profiles

Bruce Raup braup at nsidc.org
Wed Nov 24 11:21:15 PST 2004

Andrew,

I don't know how this would fit into your system, but GMT (Generic Mapping
Tools (http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu/), which has been mentioned here before)
can extract profiles from gridded datasets.  Relevant programs would be
xyz2grd to make a grdfile of your DEM, the grdtrack to extract profiles.
There's a GMT help mailing list too, if you have further questions.

Cheers,
Bruce

--
Bruce Raup                                               Phone:  303-492-8814
National Snow and Ice Data Center, U. of Colorado, 449 UCB, Boulder, CO 80309