[postgis-users] upgrading to 0.9

Joel Gwynn joelman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 14:19:40 PST 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:33:36 +0100, strk at refractions.net
<strk at refractions.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 12:46:16AM -0500, Joel Gwynn wrote:
> > Again I come humbly to the group.  I'm upgrading from 0.8 to 0.9, and
> > trying to run postgis.sql.  First I got the error,
> >
> > psql:postgis.sql:42: ERROR:  stat failed on file
> > '$libdir/libpostgis.so.0.9': No such file or directory block
> >
> > so I edited postgis.sql and replaced $libdir with the path to my
> > libpostgis.so.0.9: /usr/local/pgsql/lib/
>
> I really don't like this. Don't you have /usr/local/pgsql/lib/postgres
> directory ? What does pg_config --pkglibdir tells you ?
>

> > Now I get this error:
> > psql:postgis.sql:42: ERROR:  Load of file
> > /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpostgis.so.0.9 failed:
> > /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpostgis.so.0.9: undefined symbol: PG_NARGS
> >
> > and I have no place to go.
> >
> > This is on Debian linux, postgres 7.2.1
> >
> > TIA
> > Joel
>
> In postgis.h add the following lines:
>
> #ifndef PG_NARGS
> #define PG_NARGS() (fcinfo->nargs)
> #endif // ndef PG_NARGS
>
> --strk;

Looks like my installation is confused.  It's installing to
/usr/local/pgsql/, but pg_config is pointing to /usr/lib/postgresql/.

I think what happened is that I installed postgres using apt-get, but
since I needed the source to install postgis, I installed the source,
but configured it incorrectly.

Do I need to start over?