[postgis-users] problems with postgis.sql

Richard_D_Levine at raytheon.com Richard_D_Levine at raytheon.com
Tue Oct 12 11:53:46 PDT 2004

Try the following:

ldconfig /usr/local/lib
ldconfig /usr/local/pgsql/lib

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/pgsql/lib

Hope this helps,

Rick

|---------+--------------------------------------------->
|         |           <misalda at ixp.net>                 |
|         |           Sent by:                          |
|         |           postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refr|
|         |           actions.net                       |
|         |                                             |
|         |                                             |
|         |           10/12/2004 01:44 PM               |
|         |           Please respond to PostGIS Users   |
|         |           Discussion                        |
|         |                                             |
|---------+--------------------------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                              |
  |       To:       <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>                                      |
  |       cc:                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [postgis-users] problems with postgis.sql                                    |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

hello mi name is miguel and i just installed postgis under PostgreSQL 7.4.2
on my fedora,
the thing is that i have all the correct paths i have made all the necesary
arragements  on the make file to have my postgis work with geos. but every
single time i try to run the postgis.sql script, to add the gis definitions
to my database I get a lot of error messages so i decided to take part of
the script copy it and paste directly in the command line of postgres and
this is what i get

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION histogram2d_in(cstring)
geoData-#         RETURNS histogram2d
geoData-#         AS '/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpostgis.so.0.9'
geoData-#         LANGUAGE 'C' WITH (isstrict);
NOTICE:  el tipo "histogram2d" no ha sido definido aún
DETAIL:  Creando una definición de tipo inconclusa.
ERROR:  no se pudo cargar la biblioteca
"/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpostgis.so.0.9":
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpostgis.so.0.9: undefined symbol: NOTICE_MESSAGE

The error message translated to english just say that the library
libpostgis.so.0.9 cannot be loaded for some reason but the weird thing is
that all the paths are correct:

libgeos.so.0.9 is in usr/local/pgsql/lib/
and the geos library path is set to user/lib

im really confused in here and im running out of ideas any help would be
greatly appreciated .

thxs

Miguel Andres Saldarriaga