[postgis-users] Projection help (please, now thankyou!)

Chapman, Martin MChapman at sanz.com
Tue Oct 26 21:27:26 PDT 2004

Brent,

You could also make a UDF (user defined function) in PostgreSQL and put the code in there.  Then you could call that function using sql (like you call PostGIS functions ie. intersects(), overlaps()...), passing it the .prj file path or contents, do the conversion in the function, and then return the proj4 string.  Then it could be integrated with the rest of your sql code.  Although, you might want to check and make sure that function isn't there already...I don't know PostGIS that well. :)

Martin