[postgis-users] blank shapefile, force table creation

Gregor Mosheh stigmata at blackangel.net
Fri Sep 3 12:50:17 PDT 2004

I have a dataset that I'm converting to PG via shp2pgsql

In this particular subset I'm trying to import, some of the shapefiles
have 0 records in them (e.g. building points, but we're in a remote area
with no buildings). In these cases, shp2pgsql bails and says that
"shapefile contains 0 null objects"

There's a big difference between a table with 0 records and a table that's
missing, so what I would like it to do is still print the SQL for table
creation even if there are no rows to insert. Would this be a relatively
simple patch?