[postgis-users] PostGIS license

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Sep 9 09:34:37 PDT 2004

If you are redistributing a modified version of PostGIS, then you have
to redistribute the source code to that modified version. There are no
GPL issues between your client software and PostGIS, your client is a
separate application, communicating with the PostGIS/PostgreSQL
application via a standard database interface.