[postgis-users] PostGIS client

Joshua Lieberman josh at oklieb.net
Wed Sep 15 08:53:15 PDT 2004

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Paul Ramsey wrote:
>
>> PostGIS clients that I know of that can visualize data in PostGIS
>> database:
>>
>> PostGIS plugin for JUMP
>> QGIS
>> Thuban
>> CadCorp SIS
>> Safe Software FME
>> GRASS
>> * uDig
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> * In Theory
>

> ... + OpenEV!
>
> It appears the OpenEV_FW 1.8.1 binaries include Postgres/PostGIS support.
> Note that OpenEV cannot currently save back to PostGIS though I hope to
> enable that at some point.
>
>   http://gdal.org/dl/openev/OpenEV_FW_181.zip
>
> Best regards,

Frank,

Is there a version of OpenEV_FW which will run on Linux or OS X at present?

I'd like to have a discussion sometime soon on formats for LandSat data
published on MapServer, and access to it with SLD. Perhaps next Monday?
It would be useful for a workshop that Allan and I are attending next
week to understand some of the possibilities and bounds. We can make use
of a (free) teleconference service to do so if you are available.

By the way, I ended up hacking the shp2pgsql utility into a form which
switches the (EPSG:4326 properly ordered ) X and Y coordinates for
proper storage in PostGIS. It would be useful to have an option in ogr
to do so, as you mentioned, although I'm not sure anyone but Census /
Galdos have actually bothered to format data in this way.

Cheers,

Josh