[postgis-users] Very Simple Question

marcelops2004-silva at yahoo.com.br marcelops2004-silva at yahoo.com.br
Tue Sep 28 06:29:47 PDT 2004

Hi Guys,

I have just started with PostGIS and I have a very
basic question.

I know there is functions to calculate the area, the
length and lot of things in a table with gis data.

The question is: "How can I write data about a map?"

For instance, I have made a sample map (just picked a
pencil, paper and ruller and used my mind) and now I
would like to generate data from this map and insert
in a gis table!

How can I do it?? I can study all by myself, if you
show me a doc. Just tell me where I start studying!!
:)

Thanks in advance and
Regards,

MaRcELo PeReiRa