[postgis-users] Very Simple Question

ANDREW WOOLEY AWOOLEY at mountainland.org
Tue Sep 28 08:46:57 PDT 2004

JUMP http://www.vividsolutions.com/jump/ is a great OpenSource/Free way
to go.  It works really well for adding/editing data. The best way that
I know of to get started is to add in a shapefile or two that will help
you place your new data and with the editing tools, you can create your
new data.  Download the PostGIS driver for JUMP from
http://postgis.refractions.net/download.php and you should be good to
go.

I hope this helps.

Andrew Wooley
GIS Coordinator
Mountainland Association of Governments
586 E 800 N
Orem, UT 84097
ph: 801.229.3844
email: awooley at mountainland.org
web: http://maps.mountainland.org

>>> <marcelops2004-silva at yahoo.com.br> 9/28/2004 7:29:47 AM >>>
Hi Guys,

I have just started with PostGIS and I have a very
basic question.

I know there is functions to calculate the area, the
length and lot of things in a table with gis data.

The question is: "How can I write data about a map?"

For instance, I have made a sample map (just picked a
pencil, paper and ruller and used my mind) and now I
would like to generate data from this map and insert
in a gis table!

How can I do it?? I can study all by myself, if you
show me a doc. Just tell me where I start studying!!
:)

Thanks in advance and
Regards,

MaRcELo PeReiRa