[postgis-users] Re: Binary RPMs

Miguel R. Luaces luaces at enxenio.es
Fri Apr 1 00:10:00 PST 2005

Paul,

>The versions were very much out of date, and were eating bandwidth as
>some people (for reasons unclear) downloaded them again and again and
>again. I am going to try and refresh them when 1.0 comes out.

I understand the problem. However, we are tyring to build an automated
installer for a GIS application under Linux, and we would not like to have
to program a installer that compiles from the sources.

Whereas we have already compiled postgis a couple of times, we have never
produced rpms. Is it difficult? Does anybody have a script or something
similar that we can use?

Gerald and Jean David,

>I've done the proj-4.4.9, geos-2.1.1 and postgis-1.0.0-rc6 rpm binary
>version with the help of Jean David Techer. So peple which want to
>download and test it is welcome on the : 01map.net/redhat/ web page to
>download this favorite rpm versions (src.rpm or just binary .rpm). I
>have use the ebuild tools to build this rpm so we could maybe speak
>about "ebuildised" rpm version of your tools ;) .

Thank you very much. I am downloading and testing them right now :)

I know this message no longer belongs to the 'users list', but rather to the
'developers' one. If I should move the thread, just tell me.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
  Miguel

Dr. Miguel R. Luaces          luaces at enxenio.es
Enxenio SL                    http://www.enxenio.es
Estrada dos Baños de Arteixo, Edif. San Cristovo, Portal B, 2º Esq.
15008 A Coruña (Spain)        Tlf./Fax.: 981 913 768