[postgis-users] postgis Ubuntu

Jon Saints saintsjd at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 06:58:16 PDT 2005

Just wanted to comment that the Debain Repository
works superbly on Debian Sarge and UserLinux.

Using Ubuntu I have had mixed results, becuase Ubuntu
differs from Debian in a few key areas.  Python
mapscript for Mapserver, for example, wouldnt install
because Ubuntu uses Python 2.4 and not 2.3.

The Debian GIS team is doing amazing work.
http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

Jon