[postgis-users] Early Special: 1.0.0 Released

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Apr 20 10:49:09 PDT 2005

Awesome job guys!

I have a question on upgrading because I have never done that before.
I'm on FreeBSD and use the portsupgrade utility so it just pretty much
happens. The problem with this is I don't have access to an of the new
info until after the upgrade (I should browse CVS I guess).

My question is do I need to do the dump before the upgrade? or is the
dump utility smart enough to dump the old format also. And if so, what
is the command I should use to do the dump the  tables?

Thanks,
   -Steve W.