[postgis-users] PostGIS and Oracle Comparison

Godwin, Elizabeth Godwinl at AGR.GC.CA
Thu Apr 21 05:49:23 PDT 2005

Thanks Paul!

We recently have been looking at Oracle vs SDE when it comes to
Mapserver, and I decided I would throw PostGIS into the mix for those
who are curious.  I was demonstrating to one of the GIS/IT guys and
showed him the table, and the feature comparison was something he was
interested in.  Of course having such a feature comparison already made
would save a lot of time.  But if it goes over well, a more thorough
test would probably be needed anyhow.

Cheers,

Liz