[postgis-users] Segfault in shp2pgsql? Or did I mess up compiling.

Gino Lucrezi gino-postgis at lucrezi.net
Thu Apr 21 04:34:01 PDT 2005

This is one of those times when I prefer Pascal to C :-)

Using index variables outside their own loop is an error-prone practice.

I'm afraid I only checked the fix on some shape files with fields starting with a quote.

It doesn't *always* cause a buffer overrun, because in some instances (e.g. a field starting and ending with a quote) even the old shp2pgsql would have allocated a buffer one byte to short (the variable toescape would be one byte shorter)..

Anyway, I apologise for not testing enough :-(

Gino Lucrezi