[postgis-users] QGIS does not work with PostGIS 1.0

Niccolo Rigacci niccolo at rigacci.org
Fri Apr 29 14:44:54 PDT 2005

I cannot use QGIS 0.6 anymore after I installed the new PostGIS 1.0. The
symptoms are those reported into the QGIS forum: blank screen upon loading
the layer, crash on changing layer properties in dialogbox.

Here the relevant thread:

http://community.qgis.org/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=41&func=vie
w&id=24&catid=3

> This has been confirmed. QGIS does not support PostGIS 1.0.x.
> This is due to the change to the lightweight geometry objects.
> For now, you must use PostGIS 0.9.x with QGIS.
> We will address this issue in the upcoming release.
>
> -gary

Is there anything I can do to help solving the problem?

--
Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy

War against Iraq? Not in my name!