[postgis-users] JDBC OutofMemoryError

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 02:09:44 PDT 2005

Hi Akiro,

When you do "select 1 from arizona_geo X, colorado_geo Y" you are actually
calculating the cross-product of the two data sets, and so the size of the
resulting data set will be equal to number of rows in arizona_geo * number
of rows in colorado_geo, which is probably why you are running out of
memory.

What exactly are you trying to find out from your two data tables?

Kind regards,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd
17 Research Way