[postgis-users] GTK/Gnome GIS Client

Abe Gillespie abe.gillespie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 17:58:36 PDT 2005

I tried all I could find out there (read: all the apps mentioned here)
and haven't been satisfied with any of them.  Either the GUI was too
slow (Java) or connecting to PostGIS was too slow or it was too buggy.

Plus I'm really starting to love Gnome apps (I'm finally fully Linux
on the desktop with Ubuntu).  I'm from the Windows world of course and
I really REALLY love to program in C#.  And, once something's in Mono
/ .Net you can choose whatever's your poison when it comes to a
programming language.  For instance, someone could very easily write a
plug-in in Boo (http://boo.codehaus.org/).

Those are just a few reasons.  But, at the same time, there is quite
the motivation to improve existing tools.  However, you won't ever
find me in Java.  :)

-Abe