[postgis-users] Geocoder for PostGIS

"René F. Viancos S." rviancos at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 04:01:25 PDT 2005

I'm very interesting in your project idea, I'will start with chilean
part of the postgis geocoder project

As an attecment, i send you a geocoder written in C, that makes use of
Shapelib in order to get X,Y from a Shapefile.

This geocoder gets the geometry arcs from the shapefile (included as an
example) and interpolate the number of the street address, contained in
the selected spatial record.

it may be a begining ???  but the streets geometry building are
different in aech country. if you want, i can give you more details
about chilean streets data structures soon...

My regards

René F. Viáncos S.
Ingeniero Consultor en Geomática y TIC
Vicerrectoría de Investigación y Desarrollo
Universidad de Chile
Tel (56-2) 632 51 15
Cel (56 9) 933 72 66
rviancos at uchile.cl