[postgis-users] OT: shapes of time zones?

Paul Hastings paul.hastings at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 04:47:07 PST 2005

> is anybody aware of publicly availably shape files of time zones? I'm trying

manifold used to have something on their site. i don't recall if it
actually has tz info from the olsen data or just the offsets but at
least the UTC offsets.

> (I'm aware that daylight savings time might make this even more complicated)

i'm actually building something now to parse out DST start/end dates
from the olsen data (as contained in core java). unfortunately (i
guess) it's in coldfusion.