[postgis-users] postgis install under suse 10.0

Poizot Emmanuel poizot at cnam.fr
Tue Dec 20 02:53:08 PST 2005

Poizot Emmanuel wrote:
> Hi,
> as I couldn't resolve my probs to instal postgis, I restart from the
> beginning :)
> I did uninstall everythink, i.e. proj, geos, readline, postgres, postgis.
> I did download the last tar.gz of all this previous packages and
> installed them one by one.
> proj -> ok, then
> readline -> ok, then
> I did at this point a ldconfig -> ok
> geos -> ok, then
> postgres -> can't find readline !!
> I did check in /usr/local/lib and found libreadline.*.* !
> To compile postgres I started with:
> LDFLAGS=-lsstdc++ ./configure --with-libs=/usr/local/lib
> --with_includes=/usr/local/include --enable-multibyte --with-CXX
> --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
> I can't understand why it don't find readline.
> I know it's a postgres probs but  it's a way I must go through before
> installing postgis.
> Regards
>
> --

> Emmanuel Poizot
> Cnam/Intechmer
> B.P. 324
> 50103 Cherbourg Cedex
>
> Phone (Direct) : (00 33)(0)233887342
> Fax : (00 33)(0)233887339

I checked the /usr/local/lib directory where readline libs should be
installed and I didn't find libreadline.la file.
I guess this is the reason why the configure script of postgres didn't
find readline lib. My problem now is to find
why the readline installation didn't produce the libreadline.la file.
Show must go on .....

--
Cordialement