[postgis-users] problem with shp2pgsql

henok tadesse bwhenok at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 11:15:34 PST 2005

hello,

 I was trying to load a shape file into my postgis database.  Some body in this forum once said the shapefile should be put in the loader directory. But  i could not really find out where the loader directory is  although i used this command to load the dumper!

 # cd postgis-1.1.0/loader
 # make
 # make install

 Should the shape file necessarily be in the loader dirctory to be used in shp2pgsql? if yes, where can i find it?

 thanks in advance,

 henok