[postgis-users] problem with shp2pgsql

Barend Köbben kobben at itc.nl
Tue Dec 27 12:10:07 PST 2005

What they mean is:  If the shapefile is in the "loader directory" (ie the directory the shp2pgsql executable is in) you only need to specify the shapefiles name, otherwise make sure you state the full path:

eg. for windows:
shp2pgsql.exe C:\mydirectory\asubdirectory\myshapefile.shp mytable myDB

Barend Köbben
International Institute for Geo-information Sciences and  Earth Observation (ITC)
PO Box 6, 7500AA Enschede (The Netherlands)
ph: +31-(0)534874253; fax: +31-(0)534874335