[postgis-users] About Invalid OGC WKT Error

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Feb 3 20:42:46 PST 2005

It appears that findsrid is failing for reasons unclear. Oh, wait, do
you have valid entries in geometry_columns for your tables/geocolumns?

I swear to god, one of the stupidest things we did in PostGIS was
enforce SRID coherence in queries. It is "for your own good" but the
extra maintenance overhead totally makes it not worthwhile. Better just
to blindly assume the user knows what they are doing. This way it is
trivially easy to make a system that is broken for no obviously visible
reason.