[postgis-users] bugs in postgis-1.0RC2 with postgres 7.2.1

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Tue Feb 8 04:49:22 PST 2005

Hi, Alex,

alex bodnaru schrieb:

> thanks for your prompt response.
> included is a file with my javac complains.
>
> tommorow i will investigate my precise environment.

Okay. I currently do not have a debian woody accessible, to test it
myself, but I think I can provide workarounds for most of those errors.

> Found 1 semantic error compiling "src/org/postgis/PGgeometry.java":
>
>     76.             srid = Integer.parseInt(t.getToken(0).split("=")[1]);
>                                             <---------------------->
> *** Error: No method named "split" was found in type "java/lang/String".

String.split() exists since JDK 1.4, but I can provide an utility
function for this or use StringTokenizer, as I do not really need the
Regex functionality.

> Found 2 semantic errors compiling "src/org/postgis/Point.java":
>
>    229.             throw new AssertionError("Illegal dimension of Point" + this.dimension);
>                     <---------------------------------------------------------------------->
> *** Error: The type of the expression in this throw statement, "org/postgis/AssertionError", is not assignable to an exception in the throws clause of the enclosing method or constructor "double distance(org.postgis.Point other);"; nor is it a subclass of RuntimeException or Error.

The same for AssertionError (since 1.4), maybe IllegalArgumentException
is a good replacement for this.

> Found 1 semantic error compiling "src/examples/TestServer.java":
>
>     66.             ((org.postgresql.PGConnection) conn).addDataType("geometry", "org.postgis.PGgeometry");
>                                      <---------->
> *** Error: Type org/postgresql/PGConnection was not found.

I do not really know the cause of this error, it may be caused by the
errors above.

> Found 1 semantic error compiling "src/org/postgis/DriverWrapper.java":
>
>     72.         super();
>                 <------>
> *** Error: A constructor associated with this type, "DriverWrapper", does not throw the exception "java/sql/SQLException" thrown by its super type, "org/postgresql/Driver".
> make[1]: *** [compile] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/common/src/postgis/postgis-cvs/jdbc2'
> make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2

The same here.

Markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich