[postgis-users] bugs in postgis-1.0RC2 with postgres 7.2.1

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Tue Feb 8 05:58:19 PST 2005

Hi, Alex,

The above Patch should fix all errors but the second-last one: "Type
org/postgresql/PGConnection was not found.".

Please can you test whether it will fix those other errors for you?

Which postgres-jdbc version did you use to compile against? I ask this
question because the remainig error points to a rather deep structural
differende inside the pgjdbc Driver. I think that this old pgjdbc
version does not support custom types (addDataType() method) at all,
which makes the failing part of the jdbc2 code pointless. (DriverWrapper
and PGobject subclasses.)

I'm willing to submit the AssertionError and String.split() changes
nevertheless, because this ensures compilability with jdk older than
1.4, and even speeds up a little the geometry parsing.

Markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich