[postgis-users] bugs in postgis-1.0RC2 with postgres 7.2.1

Markus Schaber schabios at logi-track.com
Tue Feb 8 07:32:35 PST 2005

Hi, Alex,

I just committed all the jdk1.4 issues. The remaining small patch
enables compilation for pg72jdbc2.jar which is included in woody. It
seems that they incompatibly changed their connection interface name
between 7.2 and 7.3, but 7.2 already has addDataType support and passes
all regression tests against lwgeom.

Now I see three possibilities:

- You include this patch into your debian build for woody. This has the
disadvantage that other PostGIS compilers do not have access to it.

- We include the patch "as is" into the PostGIS CVS, and document it, so
everyone has access to it, and your build process applies it whenever
building for woody.

- The third alternative would be to include some preprocessor stage
(like the pgjdbc people have it for their different jdbc version branches).

I personally would vote for the second approach, as I prefer to avoid
the burden of introducing preprocessing into java environments.

Markus
--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich