[postgis-users] postgresql8.0 and postgis1.0.0

Pritesh Shah pritesh.krish at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 17:16:36 PST 2005

hi,

I would like to thank everybody for their responses to my question. I
tried a couple of things and the best thing for me was to use
utils/postgis_restore.pl script.

I ran this script on some sample databases and they all seemed to
work, but partially, as there are still some errors.

These errors are because some postgis content is not being stripped
out while writing into the $dump.list file. A sample of where it fails
is:

CREATE FUNCTION wkb_recv(internal) RETURNS wkb
   AS '$libdir/libpostgis.so.0.8', 'WKB_recv'
   LANGUAGE c STRICT;
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/libpostgis.so.0.8": No such file or direc
tory
ALTER FUNCTION public.wkb_recv(internal) OWNER TO brook;
ERROR:  function public.wkb_recv(internal) does not exist

This line should be stripped out as in the new postgis (1.0.0) there
is nothing called "WKB_recv" which existed in the older version
(0.8.2)

There are many such cases where the postgis_restore.pl script fails in
removing the postgis stuff. I'm currently working on getting this
fixed.

Cheers,
Pritesh