[postgis-users] Reasonable Way to Convert MULTIPOINT to POINT?

dblasby at openplans.org dblasby at openplans.org
Thu Feb 24 11:15:34 PST 2005

Martin Davis wrote:

>Generally, a clear pattern that has emerged from using the SFS API is
>that methods should be supported by ALL Geometry types if at all
>possible, using reasonable default return values if necessary.
>PostGIS/GEOS might want to consider providing similar methods.

Martin,

When I autogenerated the StaticGeometry class for Spatial DB in a Box,
these are the functions that it found that are not at the "top level":

     static public int getNumGeometries(Geometry arg0)
     {
           GeometryCollection _this = (GeometryCollection) arg0;

           return _this.getNumGeometries();
     }

     static public Geometry getGeometryN(Geometry arg0,int arg1)
     {
           GeometryCollection _this = (GeometryCollection) arg0;

           return _this.getGeometryN(arg1);
     }

     static public double getX(Geometry arg0)
     {
           Point _this = (Point) arg0;

           return _this.getX();
     }

     static public double getY(Geometry arg0)
     {
           Point _this = (Point) arg0;

           return _this.getY();
     }

     static public boolean isClosed(Geometry arg0)
     {
           LineString _this = (LineString) arg0;

           return _this.isClosed();
     }

     static public Geometry getPointN(Geometry arg0,int arg1)
     {
           LineString _this = (LineString) arg0;

           return _this.getPointN(arg1);
     }

     static public Geometry getStartPoint(Geometry arg0)
     {
           LineString _this = (LineString) arg0;

           return _this.getStartPoint();
     }

     static public Geometry getEndPoint(Geometry arg0)
     {
           LineString _this = (LineString) arg0;

           return _this.getEndPoint();
     }

     static public boolean isRing(Geometry arg0)
     {
           LineString _this = (LineString) arg0;

           return _this.isRing();
     }

     static public Geometry getExteriorRing(Geometry arg0)
     {
           Polygon _this = (Polygon) arg0;

           return _this.getExteriorRing();
     }

     static public int getNumInteriorRing(Geometry arg0)
     {
           Polygon _this = (Polygon) arg0;

           return _this.getNumInteriorRing();
     }

     static public Geometry getInteriorRingN(Geometry arg0,int arg1)
     {
           Polygon _this = (Polygon) arg0;

           return _this.getInteriorRingN(arg1);
     }