[postgis-users] problem with AddGeometryCoumns

Kaustav Ghoshal kghoshal at tamu.edu
Sat Feb 26 22:47:32 PST 2005

I have installed postgis patch on my postgres server.I'm now facing this
problem when I'm trying to use the AddGeometryColumns function.

#create table test_table (grid integer);
CREATE
#select AddGeometryColumn('new_test','test_table','mygeom',33,0,3);
ERROR;function
addgeometrycolumn("unknown","unknown","unknown",integer,integer,integer)
does not exist
HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types.You may need
explicit type casts.

In statement:
select AddGeometryColumn('new_test','test_table','mygeom',33,0,3);

Any clues as to why I''m getting this problem?

--
Greetings,

Kaustav Ghoshal

Graduate Assistant Research