[postgis-users] Why doesn't postgis do more with projectionsandSRID's? ( was: What is the tolerance parameter for simplify? )

Ethan Alpert ealpert at digitalglobe.com
Tue Jan 4 09:34:49 PST 2005

I see you're point but using decimal degrees for a tolerance is not
good, obviously. So this leaves the user to have to figure out how to
project their data inorder to properly simplify the polygons.

Try running simplify on the same size/shape polygon in decimal degrees
at the equator and near the pole.

-e