[postgis-users] Crash when creating index on ( int, geom )

Robin Chauhan robin.chauhan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 09:23:23 PST 2005

Mark,

I tried duplicating the table and got the same reuslt with the new
table.  Thanks for your instructions on getting a backtrace using gdb.

Before I tried that, I also attempted to install a more updated
version of btree_gist from here:
   http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/btree_gist/btree_gist-7.4.tar.gz

...which in the README says it can work on postgres 7.3 and up (I have
7.3.2).  Unfortunately I was not able compile it:

btree_common.c: In function `gbtreekey_in':
btree_common.c:18: warning: implicit declaration of function `ereport'
btree_common.c:19: warning: implicit declaration of function `errcode'
btree_common.c:19: `ERRCODE_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED' undeclared (first
use in this function)
btree_common.c:19: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
btree_common.c:19: for each function it appears in.)
btree_common.c:20: warning: implicit declaration of function `errmsg'
btree_common.c: In function `gbtreekey_out':
btree_common.c:29: `ERRCODE_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED' undeclared (first
use in this function)
make: *** [btree_common.o] Error 1

For now I am using the separate indexes as suggested by Markus which
is working very well, but I will try to track this down further.

-Robin