[postgis-users] Crash when creating index on ( int, geom )

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 09:35:16 PST 2005

Hi Robin,

If you're ok working with source code then I would also compile and use the
latest 7.3 release which is currently 7.3.8 with --enable-debug. Create a
fresh database cluster with initdb, load your data, and try again. If it
still fails then it's fairly certain to be a bug, perhaps something subtle
in the PostGIS indexing code or with btree_gist. The backtrace should give
us more information on this.

Kind regards,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd