[postgis-users] Crash when creating index on ( int, geom )

Robin Chauhan robin.chauhan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 14:07:09 PST 2005

Hello Mark,
I'm attempting to generate a backtrace as you suggested.  I was able
to attach gdb to the postmaster process, but I dont know how to make
gdb break when the failure occurs -- I dont know where I would set a
breakpoint or watchpoint to be able to catch this event.  When I Can
you give me a hint or pointer?  I think no core file is being
generated from the crash, because the postmaster and psql processes
both continue to run.

Should I be debugging the psql process and not the postmaster process?
I tried causing this crashing both while attached to psql and
postmaster but again I dont know how to cause gdb to stop at a useful
place to see the backtrace of the crash, and not just of the normal
running of postmaster.   This is noob territory for me, so please
excuse the ignorant questions.
Many thanks,
-Robin