[postgis-users] Request for open postgis datasets

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Jul 11 16:12:53 PDT 2005

Here are some links:

http://geonames.usgs.gov/stategaz/index.html US place names with lat/lon
http://www.census.gov/geo/www/cob/index.html US, state, county, zipcode
and more all in polygons download the ArcView Shapefile (.shp) format
and use shp2pgsql to load the data.
http://www.nationalatlas.gov/atlasftp.html lots of data layers for the US
http://keck.library.unr.edu/data/esri_data&maps/esri.html The world and more

On any of these, grab the shapefile format (shp) and us shp2pgsql to
load it.

-Steve