[postgis-users] Postgis Simplify

Christo Du Preez christo at mecola.com
Tue Jul 26 12:27:44 PDT 2005

I used another installation, this time Linux and did the same test.

This time the result was different on rows 3, 6 and 9. More what I was
expecting in the first place.

1:   25290 :  39
2:   23978 :  43
3:   25999 :  41
4:   4996  :  19
5:   24679  : 31
6:   50819 :  25
7:   31899 :  71
8:   63292 :  45
9:   84990 :  59
10: 12878 :  15
11: 1047   :   8

In previous posts I also mentioned the exponential format that my result
was, doing a Simplify(). I have also noticed that the exponential format
was only on rows 3, 6 and 9. The rest of the results was lat/long wgs84,
as expected.

Can someone please shed some light on this?