[postgis-users] Return Value of SnapToGrid Function

Dam kuja_fr2001 at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 9 01:53:10 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use the SnapToGrid function from
PostGIS 1.0 but i can't find what this function is
returning.

In fact, i have a table on my database with some
geometry data (all MULTIPOLYGON) and when I apply this
function, I don't get geometry data but it seems to be
hexadecimal data (perhaps EWKB format but I'm really
not sure).

For example :
SELECT SnapToGrid(the_geom,100) from table_name
> 016000000010000001030000000B08210000 (...) and so on

I try to apply MPolyFromWKB function on these but
there are no change =(

If someone has any idea, that's would be very nice.

Thanks in advance

Damien