[postgis-users] Vacuum analyse ERROR: Operation on twoGEOMETRIESwith different SRIDs

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 03:33:12 PDT 2005

Hi strk,

Having mixed SRID geometries in a column is, of course, completely
non-sensical since the results of any spatial query could be invalid. I
would vote that the behaviour is correct, since it would then encourage the
user to sort out the column data first. However, I do think the behaviour is
poor to simply error out on ANALYZE, but of course there is nothing we can
hook into before 8.0 :(

The only think I think we could possibly do is reduce the SRID mismatch
check from elog(ERROR) to elog(WARNING), but I'm not sure I'd be too keen to
do that...

Kind regards,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd